Treating Auto Injuries with Massage Therapy
Addressing the effects of Physical and Emotional trauma stored in your body.
A motor vehicle accident can cause a major burden on someone’s life. After collecting the other person’s information, contacting your insurance company and going to the emergency room you’re exhausted and perhaps in shock! This may hold you back from receiving treatment. As the days and weeks pass, aches and pains may begin to surface.
DID YOU KNOW?
There are over 600 Muscles in the body. When impact happens, most of them go into shock which may cause stiffness and soreness.
THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
Reduces Stress and Anxiety after the Initial Trauma throughout the Healing Process.
Improves Blood and Lymph circulation, giving your body the Necessary Nutrients to Heal.
Reduces Myofascial Trigger Points or Adhesions
Lengthens Short/Tight Muscles Restoring Flexibility.
Reduces Chronic Episodes of Inflammation and Swelling that causes Pain and Restrictions of Movement.
Reduces Pain and Stiffness.
Improves Sleep Patterns which aids in the Natural Healing Process of your Body.
Relieve pain symptoms such as: Migrane Headaches, Nerve Compression, Numbness, Muscles Spasms, TMJ, and much more.
MASSAGE THERAPY AND SEVERE INJURIES
Once life saving measures have been performed, Massage Therapy is an excellent form of treatment to incorporate into your recovery and maintenance plan.
SPINAL CORD INJURIES (SCI)
• Helps Reconnect or Restore Neuropathways that have been Disrupted.
• Our Therapists are Well Trained in Safe and Adaptive Positioning and Massage Techniques to best address your Specific SCI.
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURIES
• Helps to Prevent or Reduce Spasticity.
• Helps to Calm the Patient’s Mood as they Adjust to a New Normal.
• Helps to Improve and Maintain Comfort and Mobility if the Patient Suffers from Prolonged Injury and/or Ailments.
PTSD AND EMOTIONAL TRAUMA
After a motor vehicle accident it may be a struggle to make sense of what happened. Your body may hold the memory of the trauma in your muscles making it harder to alleviate the pain. Massage Therapy helps to remove this memory of the trauma stored in your muscles leading to an effective recovery.
Is Massage Therapy a Covered Benefit in my Insurance
YES! In the State of Michigan, Massage Therapy is a covered benefit under the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or No Fault Benefit portion of your policy. A prescription from your Doctor is required for treatment.
Steps to Begin Treatment
Ready to experience the benefits of Therapeutic Massage? Follow these steps to get started and call our office or send us an email if you have any questions.
1. Contact your Insurance Company to get Your Claim Number
2. Go to your Doctor to be Examined and Receive a Prescription and/or Referral for Therapy
3. Call our Office to Schedule your Initial Evaluation. After your First Evaluation, a Customized Treatment Plan will be Created and a Report will be sent to your Insurance Company and Doctor.
4. Your Future Appointments will be Scheduled According to your Treatment Plan and you will Receive Clear Communication on any Updates or Adjustments to your Appointments.
5. At the End of your Treatment Plan we will Schedule a Re-Evaluation to Determine the Future of your Care with Massage Therapy and Sianna Muscles in Motion.
NOTE: If you have a Case Manager and/or Guardian we will need their Name and Contact Information so we can Coordinate your Massage Therapy Treatment Plan with them.